Leisure Activities and things to do
- There is an abundance of leisure activities available with in a short distance of Glenfeshie Hostel including
Direct access to
- The uplands west of Loch Einich
- Across country access to Braemar via Glenfeshie, Glen Geldie and White Bridge
- Loch an Eilein and Rothiemurchus via the Moor of Feshie Rock Climbing
There are of course many climbing opportunities in the corries of the Cairngorm Mountains.
- There are indoor rock climbing walls at Aviemore www.extreme-dream.com
- and at Glenmore Lodge www.glenmorelodge.org.uk
- 3 miles from National Cycle Route 7 www.sustrans.co.uk
- Over 60 cycling routes within the Cairngorms National park
- Wolftrax Laggan – 40 minutes by car www.basecampmtb.com
- Cycle hire, repairs and accessories – Bothy Bikes 4 miles www.bothybikes.co.uk
- Loch Insh Water sports Centre – 4 miles. www.lochinsh.com
- Loch Morlich – 8 miles
- Findhorn Bay – 1 hour by car
- Cairngorm Gliding Club – 1 mile www.gliding.org/home/home.htm
- Downhill skiing, Cairngorm Mountain 12 miles www.cairngormmountain.co.uk
- Lecht Ski Centre – 30 miles www.lecht.co.uk
- Cross country skiing – There are numerous ski trails in the Forestry Commission trails in Glenfeshie as well as in the Cairngorm National Park. www.cbnsc.co.uk
- Horse riding, clay pigeon shooting, orienteering.
- Bird watching at Insh Marshes and at Loch Garten (Ospreys)
- Golf – several courses in the area including Kingussie, Newtonmore, Boat of Garten, Carrbridge as well as the new Spey Valley Golf Course which measures 7200 yards and features one of the longest par 5 holes in Scotland.
- There are, numerous museums as well as the the Highland Wildlife Park – 5 miles.
- The Landmark Forrest Theme Park is in Carrbridge some 15 miles away. www.landmark-centre.co
- Aviemore – 5 miles – is a thriving holiday centre and provides access to many adventure based activities such as white water rafting and canyoning.